Dashboard for Google Analytics
Have your website key performance indicators (KPIs) always with you on your iPhone or Android smartphone and all at one glance!
Using your Google Analytics data the app "Dashboard for Google Analytics" shows the most important web analytics metrics of your website on one single dashboard. You won't have all the Google Analytics metrics on your smartphone - but right the ones that are important from a management point of view.
In addition, a 'Website Performance Index' is automatically calculated, that shows your website’s performance today, this week and this month in one single number. Even more, the index is indicating in red or green whether your KPIs are on track or not. The iPhone and Android app is available for free for a limited number of metrics – and can be purchased to show all your conversions that are defined in Google Analytics.
Content of this page:
The following features are available
- Have your most important Google Analytics key performance indicators on your smartphone or tablet (goal conversions, goal values, visitors, visits and page views available).
- Define target values for each KPI (e.g. 1000 visits per day)
- See how you're on track reaching your target KPI values for today, this week and this month or yesterday, last week and last month
- See your KPIs on a trended chart or let the chart draw a weekly or monthly accumulated view of your goal conversions.
- Weight a KPI regarding its importance compared to the other ones (e.g. a conversion shall be 50 times more important than a simple visit)
- Let the application calculate a website performance index based on the selected KPIs, their weighting and success in reaching the defined target values
- See all that on one dashboard page
- Access several Google Analytics accounts and profiles
Some additional features like website performance index, target value or accumulated view are additional to the functionality of Google Analytics and make it very convenient for a management person to keep the current website performance in view.
The following illustrations explain what the numbers on the dashboard mean:
The example above explained: Our goal is having 110‘000 visitors per week. As it is Wednesday today, we should have at least 47‘143 visitors by today (110‘000 / 7 * 3). But since Monday only 33‘044 visitors actually visited our website. So we‘re only at 70% of our current target, thats why the number is collored red. Compared to last week from Monday to Wednesday we have 18% or 7‘416 less visitors.
Website Performance Index
The performance index is a calculated value based on your other metrics. You can weight your metrics and therefore how they influence the performance index. This helps that more important metrics like conversions have a higher impact like less important metrics (like e.g. visitors). A base value sets the index to 1‘000 points on the day before initiating the app (the base value can be reset anytime).
The formula that applies for the performance index is as followed:
- Visitors: Metric Value = 1‘000, weight = 1
- Visits: Metric Value = 1‘500, weight = 2
- Goal Conversion: Metric Value = 100, weight = 50
- Base value (index value when index calculation is started) = 8000
- Performance Index = (1‘000 * 1 + 1‘500 * 2 + 100 * 50) / 8000 * 1'000 = 1'125
For each available metric you can configure in the application its weight and its target value and its influence on the performance index therefore.
The dashboard for Google Analytics is available in two versions:
- “Dashboard“ as free application (iPhone only)
- “Dashboard pro“ as application to be purchased
The main difference between the free and the purchased version is the availability of your Google Analytics Goals as metrics for the dashboard and the performance index.
"Dashboard" app download (free)
The following Metrics are available:
- Page Views
- Total Goal Conversions
- Total Goal Value
Download: The app can be downloaded in the Apple app store:
"Dashboard pro" app download
The following Metrics are available:
- Visitors, visits, page views, total goal conversions and goal values
- All your 20 individual Google Analytics goal conversions
- All your 20 individual Google Analytics goal values
Download: The app can be downloaded in the corresponding app stores:
To have your goals available on your Dashboard pro, you simply need to configure them in Google Analytics. If you already did so, you automatically see them on the dashboard setting page inside the app. Please visit the Google Analytics help page on instructions on how to activate and configure goals in Google Analytics.
By configuring and using your Google Analytics goals you can actually have any desired conversion on your Dashboard pro – like number of orders, contact requests, newsletter subscriptions, comments, downloads, applications and much more.
Dashboard and Dashboard pro are iOS and Android apps hat use the Google Analytics Data API. Protecting your privacy is important to us. The following statements will help you understand how we collect, use, and safeguard the personal information you provide.
Google Analytics Login: Your login credentials (email, password) for Google Analytics are stored only on your device and are only sent to Google for authentication purpose and to download the needed Google Analytics data. It connects to the API and securely sends your login information via the Client Login method. The information is stored on your device to make it more comfortable to you.
Google Analytics Data: The received tracking data form your Google Analytics account is only stored temporary on your device. It is only transmitted directly from Google Analytics to your device.
App Usage: The app uses an analytics module for the smartphone to track which metric types are used and by which device types and OS versions. No personally identifiable information is gathered. This allows us to improve the interface and development of the app.
Please direct any questions or concerns about privacy to us via email (contact information on the right).